ראיון עם מייקל ג´קסון (חלק 3)

mjjman

ראיון עם מייקל ג´קסון (חלק 3)

.החלק השלישי של הראיון --------------------------------------------------------------------- Q: How has fatherhood changed you? A: In a huge way. You have to value your time differently, no doubt about it. It´s your responsibility to make sure they´re taken care of and raised properly with good manners. But I refuse to let any of it get in the way of the music or the dance or the performing. I have to play two different roles. I always wanted to have a big family, ever since I was in school. I was always telling my father I would outdo him. He had 10 children. I would love to have like 11 or 12 myself. Q: What have you taught your children? A: I try to make sure they´re respectful and honorable and kind to everybody. I tell them, no matter what they do, work hard at it. What you want to do for a lifetime, be the best at it. (Prince is staring. "Stop looking at me," Jackson says, smiling.) Q: And what have your kids taught you? A: A lot. (Parenthood) reminds you to do what the Bible has always told us. When the Apostles were arguing among themselves over who was the greatest in Jesus´ eyes, he said, "None of you," and called over a little boy and said, "until you humble yourself like this child." It reminds you to be kind and humble and to see things through the eyes of children with a childlike wonderment. I still have that. I´m still fascinated by clouds and the sunset. I was making wishes on the rainbow yesterday. I saw the meteor shower. I made a wish every time I saw a shooting star. Q: What are your wishes? A: Peace and love for the children. (Prince returns, gazing intently. "Stop that," says Jackson, gently turning the boy´s head away. "Can you be still?") Q: You´ve said you plan to home-school your kids. Given your fame, how can you provide a normal life for them? A: You do the best you can. You don´t isolate them from other children. There will be other kids at the school (on his property). I let them go out in the world. But they can´t always go with me. We get mobbed and attacked. When we were in Africa, Prince saw a mob attack in a huge shopping mall. People broke so much stuff, running and screaming. My biggest fear is that fans will hurt themselves, and they do. I´ve seen glass break, blood, ambulances. Q: Are you resentful that stardom stole your childhood? A: Yeah. It´s not anger, it´s pain. People see me at an amusement park or with other kids having fun, and they don´t stop and think, "He never had that chance when he was little." I never had the chance to do the fun things kids do: sleepovers, parties, trick-or-treat. There was no Christmas, no holiday celebrating. So now you try to compensate for some of that loss. Q: Have you made peace with your father? A: It´s much better. My father is a much nicer person now. I think he realizes his children are everything. Without your family, you have nothing. He´s a nice human being. At one time, we´d be horrified if he just showed up. We were scared to death. He turned out really well. I wish it wasn´t so late. Q: Did music offer an escape from childhood worries? A: Of course. We sang constantly in the house. We sang group harmony while washing dishes. We´d make up songs as we worked. That´s what makes greatness. You have to have that tragedy, that pain to pull from. That´s what makes a clown great. You can see he´s hurting behind the masquerade. He´s something else externally. Chaplin did that so beautifully, better than anyone. I can play off those moments, too. I´ve been through the fire many times. (Prince is back. He leans against the chair to gawk at the king of pops. "Stop looking at me," Jackson implores, clearly unnerved by the tyke´s scrutiny. "You´re not making this easy." Both of them chuckle, and Jackson warns teasingly, "You may not get that piece of candy.") Q: Do your religious beliefs ever conflict with the sexy nature of your music or dancing? A: No. I sing about things that are loving, and if people interpret it as sexy, that´s up to them. I never use bad words like some of the rappers. I love and respect their work, but I think I have too much respect for parents and mothers and elderly people. If I did a song with bad words and saw an older lady in the audience, I´d cringe. Q: But what about your trademark crotch-grabbing moves? A: I started doing that with Bad. Martin Scorsese directed that short film in the subways of New York. I let the music tell me what to do. I remember him saying, "That was a great take! I want you to see it." So we pushed playback, and I went aaaah! I didn´t realize I was doing that. But then everyone else started doing that, and Madonna, too. But it´s not sexual at all. Q: How are you spending your free time these days? A: I like to do silly things — water-balloon fights, pie fights, egg fights. (Turning to Prince) You got a good one coming! I don´t think I´ll ever grow out of that. At my house, I built a water-balloon fort with two sides, a red team and a blue team. We have cannons that shoot water 60 feet and slingshots that shoot the balloons. We got bridges and places to hide. I just love it. Q: After 38 years in show business, fans still mob you. Are you immune to adulation? A: It´s always a good feeling. I never take it for granted. I´m never puffed up with pride or think I´m better than the next-door neighbor. To be loved is a wonderful thing. That is the main reason I do this. I feel compelled to do it, to give people some sense of escapism, a treat to the eye and the ear. I think it´s the reason I´m here.

למעלה